Ultrabac's UBDR Gold
Reliable enterprise backup and disaster-recovery software
For more than 25 years, Ultrabac Software has offered dependable data-backup and disaster-recovery solutions. As a Microsoft™ Certified Gold Partner, Ultrabac works exclusively within Microsoft Windows to provide specialized expertise to clients using the Microsoft platform.
ORBiT Software is pleased to serve as Ultrabac’s Master Distributor in the U.K. Since 1985 we have established ourselves as leaders in data protection and customer support. We back our offerings with true Tier II and Tier III 24/7 technical support, plus extensive product testing before release.
Ultrabac’s UBDR Gold product line provides quick system recovery utilizing bare-metal imaging software. Using a physical or virtual restore, UBDR Gold can restore an average machine in 15 minutes, efficiently minimizing costly downtime.
UltraBac’s competitively priced “SBS bundles” are comprehensively loaded with standard features. For example email recovery is standard; there is no need to purchase an additional module.
The UBDR Gold line provides optimal backup and system recovery for businesses with:
* Virtualized environments
* Microsoft Small Business Servers
* Tivoli Storage Manager environments
* Database Disaster Recovery for SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint and Oracle
* Cluster Server environments
UBDR Gold can write backups directly to virtual machine disk (VMDK) files, making it an ideal solution for virtualized environments, providing immediate loading without the need for a separate recovery and restore.
The Small Business Server Edition was created exclusively for small-business owners running Microsoft Small Business Server. These clients receive a special comprehensive pricing bundle and still enjoy the same level of data protection and recovery offered to large corporate clients.
For clients using a Tivoli Storage Manager server, UBDR Gold works within Tivoli to manage backup and system recovery while utilizing the strength of both Tivoli and UBDR Gold. UltraBacs TSM device Agent enables Tivoli's unique storage management features to be utilised alongside UltraBac's rich Windows Server backup strengths, in particular the Bare Metal Recovery features for Windows Servers using UBDR Gold. The UltraBac TSM device Agent is built atop the Tivoli Storage Manager API for a robust interface with the Tivoli Storage Manager architecture, and has been qualified for TSM API levels 4.2 and above.
For Oracle Database Disaster Recovery UltraBac allows Oracle backups to be integrated into a single system backup operation. UltraBac uses an agent to backup Oracle Server databases without closing the applications. Either hot or cold backups can be taken locally or remotely. UltraBac supports Oracle version 8i and greater.
UBDR Gold can back up and restore an active Windows Cluster Server failed node even after a catastrophic or unbootable server failure. UBDR Gold also provides cluster failover support.
UBDR Gold features include:
* The ability to backup then recover, migrate or deploy new machines
* Bare metal recovery of 32 and 64-bit servers in less than 10 minutes
* Performing live bare-metal image backups of Windows servers while they’re running
* Performing consolidated backups of multiple VMWare virtual environments using optional VCB agent
* Physical-to-physical (P2P) similar or dissimilar hardware recovery/migration/deployment including third-party driver support
* Virtual recovery/migration/deployment using VMware or Virtual Server 2005 (P2V, V2P, V2V)
* Tivoli Storage Management (TSM) server backup and restore option
* The ability for backups to be written directly to VMDK (virtual disk) files allowing immediate load into a virtual environment without the need for a separaterecovery/restore procedure
* Allowing static “mirroring” of local disks to provide an alternate boot path in the event of failure of the primary boot path
* Performing image or file-by-file backups from universal boot CD or USB flash drive to secure any previously unprotected data before recovery is attempted
* Performing image or file-by-file restores from universal boot CD or USB flash drive to recover a “dead” machine
* Single File Restore (SFR) capability from a full UBDR Gold image backup
* Initiating and monitoring restores from remote machine, also with centralized reporting console
* Continuous Image Protection, CIP included (a type of Continuous Data Protection, CDP)
* Supports basic and dynamic disks
* Restoring to larger or smaller partitions (partition resizing)
* Differential or incremental image backup options
* 100% scripted restores for unassisted recoveries
* Recovering non-active partitions while Windows is operating
* AES Encryption option for added security
* Backup/recover using tape, disk, VTL, network UNC path, USB/FireWire attached storage devices
* Backup/recover with local and remote tape devices, including media library control
* Dell DRAC, HPiLO and PXE enabled boot options
* SFTP/FTP device backup and restore option
To see our partner product offerings, we're referring you directly to our partners' sites so you'll have the most current information.
We know you have choices in the marketplace, and we're confident that if you compare ORBiT's core competencies, including 24x7 support and extensive product knowledge with other re-sellers, you'll choose to do business with us.