SharePlex Bridge at a Glance
• Indispensable tool for MPE coexistence with other platforms
• Real-time export of legacy MPE transactions to UNIX, NT and PCs
• Automatically generates logs in ASCII formats for easy access and processing
SharePlex Bridge provides real-time capture of transaction data on MPE, and makes it available through an open format and standard ASCII representations to applications running on other corporate platforms, such as UNIX and Windows (3.x, 95, 98 and NT).
Automatic Transaction Logging in ASCII Records
SharePlex Bridge relies on the "master" components of SharePlex and NetBase Shadowing to automatically maintain a real-time database of all records changed by transactions against a selected TurboIMAGE database. Applications on other platforms can then access those transactions through any of the mechanisms discussed above.
SharePlex Bridge stores all transactions in the export database as ASCII records, following a public format. This ASCII representation makes it simple for applications on other platforms to fully understand sequence, timing, original database and transaction type, eliminating costly errors in sequence handling and problems created by changes in database data structures.
A typical use of SharePlex Bridge is to perform real-time feeding of MPE TurboIMAGE transactions to UNIX and NT relational applications running on Sybase, Oracle or Informix.
Open Data Access
All captured records are stored in easily readable ASCII format, minimizing the complexity of applications reading them. The following information is retained for each transaction:
• Sequence number
• Data-set name
• Transaction type (ADD, UPDATE, DELETE)
• Date and time
• Old record
• New record
• NetBase Shadowing running on the Master computer.
• NetBase Client, NFS/iX or FTP for the desired level of access to posting data.