Shadowing at a Glance
• Data availability and fault-resiliency for MPE
• Increases fault tolerance and ensures disaster recovery for HP 3000 computers
• Provides data backup while users access master copies of file system or databases
Fault-resiliency, uninterrupted system up-time and continuous data availability in mission-critical applications are IS concerns in any corporation. For Managers of Information Systems, the bottom-line dollar depends on data availability.
NetBase Shadowing provides a critical software backbone for "24x7" data availability, and lays a critical foundation for any corporate disaster-recovery strategy for HP 3000 systems.
The NetBase Shadowing Solution
NetBase Shadowing ensures continuous up-time by transparently shadowing data across the corporate Wide Area Network while users continue to access the master copy being shadowed. This automatic maintenance and update of data copied throughout a network provides power and flexibility unavailable with conventional networking and disk mirroring techniques.
NetBase Shadowing replicates data in real-time to one or more machines. It maintains secondary copies of files, TurboIMAGE databases and SQL databases. These exact copies can be used to implement disaster-recovery, to increase the performance of data access, to off-load busy machines, to provide 24x7 access to critical reference data, and to automatically perform concurrent backups without system downtime
NetBase Shadowing implements fault tolerance with existing resources. There is no need to purchase complicated disk arrays, RAID solutions or other expensive hardware solutions. Any HP 3000 within the NetBase network may experience technical difficulties without adversely compromising the data availability provided by NetBase Shadowing.
The NetBase Shadowing Features
• Provides 24x7 data availability and data center up-time.
• Increases resiliency to system and network faults.
• Provides fast and painless disaster recovery.
• Allows construction of a concurrent backup strategy.
• Allows access to master and shadow copies of data.
• Shadows MPE, KSAM, SQL and TurboIMAGE databases.
• Uses industry-proven transaction export algorithms.
• Provides synchronization between master and shadow copies.
• Provides checkpoint capability to ensure the data integrity of backups and shadows.
• Supports multiple shadow copies.
• Allows partial shadowing of SQL and IMAGE databases.
• Supports shadowing to the same system.
• Reduces network traffic.
• Balances file and database I/O across nodes.
• Off-loads reporting and batch output tasks to a second CPU.