NBSpool at a Glance
• The network spooling and output management solution for MPE in heterogeneous environments
• Spool request management and forms control
• Easy to use and highly automated solution
NBSpool streamlines and automates the management of spool files, distributing the printing function across networks and printers. NBSpool makes complex spool management easy, allowing intuitive access to corporate information and saving time, money and resources.
Output Management with NBSpool
NBSpool is a proven, high-performance spool file management system that provides network spooling, network connectivity, and output management. NBSpool balances user needs with available printer resources, automates output redirection, manages forms and banners, and automates the archiving of spool files. Extensive output management features allow you to seamlessly deliver printing capabilities across networks and printer devices. Intuitive commands facilitate the distribution of information to the appropriate resources within the organization.
Facilitates the automation and balancing of the MPE system load with available network resources using both NBSpool and MPE variables.
Allows configurable bi-directional access to printers between MPE and Novel NetWare, NetWare/iX, and HP-UX.
Allows spooling to any network printer. Prints to IBM hosts through NRJE on the HP3000.
For further connectivity details, refer to the NBSpool Connectivity page.
• Empowers users to select the right printer for the right job.
• Provides transparent printer connectivity across MPE, Windows NT, UNIX, IBM, VAX, NetWare, Banyan Vines and more.
• Allows spool operations to be performed on groups of spool files, eliminating unnecessary and repetitive commands. The grouping attributes include file name, creator, dates and more.
• Provides event-driven capture to process spool files as soon as they are closed, without the need for periodic scanning of spool file directories.
• Provides printing of reports on local printers with all features enabled, rather than having to wait for corporate printing and days of routing delay.
• Provides archiving of critical historical information to secured external media. Archiving parameters can be invoked to select a specific group of spool files.
Any HP 3000 computer, and any HP network link. Some modules require additional HP-provided software.