NBSpool Connectivity at a Glance
• Spool Connectivity add-on modules for HP 3000 systems
• Print MPE jobs to multitude of different network printers
• Optimizes use of printing resources across the network
An important management consideration in heterogeneous networking environments incorporating HP 3000 computers is providing users with efficient, flexible access to network printing resources while maximizing overall data output resources. Quest Software provides a wide range of optional connectivity add-on modules to its popular NBSpool output management system for MPE, which provide network users with the ability to access the right printer on the network for the right job.
NBSpool Connectivity Options
A key to the integration of NBSpool in a heterogeneous network is its ability to send spool files to different destinations, all across different platforms and operating environments. This and more is accomplished with optional NBSpool Connectivity add-on modules
With these flexible facilities, network users can seamlessly access any printer on the network, regardless of network connection, topology, environment, operating system or other variables. All of the translating and hand-shaking required by the various network environments are managed transparently by the NBSpool Connectivity options.
With NBSpool Connectivity, print jobs can be conveniently moved to any HP 3000 in the network for execution. Background jobs can be created to automatically move spool files from the HP 3000 to any network printer. Users have the choice of automatically keeping or deleting the original spool files once they are moved to a new destination.
NBSpool Connectivity allows you to easily send spool files to:
• Printers on other HP 3000s
• LAN connected printers
• NetWare printers via NBSpool LPR LPD
• UNIX systems via the NBSpool UNIX Transport or LPR/LPD
• Printers on systems supporting the PCNFS protocol
HP 3000 running any supported release of MPE/iX. The HP 3000 requires any of the following components:
• HP ThinLan XL Network Link
• Quest Software's NBSpool
For UNIX destinations:
• Quest Software's NBSpool UNIX Transport
• Quest Software supports NBSpool for UNIX 10.x and 11.x